Old 06-05-2003, 10:56 AM
stuie stuie

Default White Fly - Ultra Fine Pesticidal Oil?

Hey All
For White fly you can buy (here Anyway) Yellow bits of card about 10 x
4 inches very sticky.They are attracted to the yellow and well thats as far
as they get.
You can make your own easily with a piece of timber or balsa wood ,
painted yellow and smeared with a light oil.
Stuart
Sydney Australia
"Wendy" wrote in message
Hi Diana, I used Neem Oil a few times on my Fuschias. White Fly love
Hibiscus & soft leaves like Zygopetalums.
If you look on the undersides of the leaves you will probably see eggs in

circle formation.
The garden man at the nursery told me that you have to spray every 3rd day
as these guys hatch frequently!
Cheers Wendy
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Hi, All,

Have discovered (and had verified by the Terminix guy) white fly in the

grow
area. My husband has some veggie plants in the area, and it started

there.
Very little evidence of infestation on the orchids thus far, and I want

keep it that way.

On the veggies we used Sunspray Ultrafine Pesticidal Oil (98.8%

paraffinic
oil + an emulsifier). The label says okay for orchids, and recommends a
solution of 2 1/2 tablespoons to a gallon of water. That seems pretty
heavy. Anyone used this or a similar preparation? Any other tips on
control of white fly?

Meanwhile, I'm on my way to the archives.

Diana