Old 06-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] clip and grow

In a message dated 5/5/2003 10:42:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Clip and grow method, a pruning method of achieving an attractive shape for
bonsai. I am sure it is a very common method, you may know of it as being
called something else. I am confused about how it works.

This just means you train the Bonsai by pruning and not wiring. Some
species don't like wire, some people don't like wire. For species that take
wire well, wire produces a show quality Bonsai sooner.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++