Old 06-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Peter James

Default Newbie: Just received an allotment garden

On Mon, 05 May 2003 19:45:28 +0100, M Babcock
wrote:

Hi folks, I've enjoyed reading your posts for awhile, while I've been on
the waiting list for an allotment here in Devon. I've only just been
able to get one, and to my dismay, not a thing has been done to it since
the end of last summer. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. (apologies
in advance for the long post btw, but I want to make sure I get off on
the right foot)

Lucky old you! In Cornwall here, there's no way I can get an
allotment.
One thing you could consider as you're starting a little late in the
year, and that is to go to your local livestock market. You will find
farmers there later in the year, selling things like cabbage,
broccoli,caulifower, sprout, leek plants etc. Usually not too
expensive , and that will enable you to get your winter vegetables
planted out in nice time. Good luck, I envy you.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply