Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 PM
RichToyBox

Default PLEASE someone help me? I'm losing it. (Need pumps)

Lisa,

If you decide to go with the Sequence pump, it can be put in the box you
describe, or it can be mounted in a box buried in the ground, if sufficient
drainage is provided, and a nice piece of slate used to cover it. Do not
fill the box with insulation. The motor needs to breathe. It will overheat
and burn up. My sequence is located in my shed with most of the plumbing.
I have to listen, when I go into the shed to be sure it is running. If it
were hidden behind the waterfall, you would never hear it.
--
RichToyBox

"Lisa" wrote in message
om...
Thanks! I've just been getting alot of warnings that my pump plans are
way too extreme. That I'm wanting to get too big of a system for a
1200ish pond. That a 3600 total pump combo is too much. Though no one
seems to be able to tell me what is bad about the concept. Though I
don't really get any answers as to why it would be bad.

Now I just have to pick a pump combo (brand/type). I sure do like the
concept of the sequence external but hate the idea of having to come
up with a houseing box, where to put it so it's invisible, possible
primer thingy (don't have a clue what that even looks like), and the
issue of hearing the pump. Wonder if I could put it in a rubbermaid
container (hinged lid) whereby the box is buried in the waterfall
mound area to have the lid opening sideways/vertical as opposed to the
lid being horizontal, taking up room & sticking out like a sore thumb.
Or if I could put thick house insulation around it to deaden the
sound. LOL Actually, I just wish I could find pumps with that same
wattage & power and be able to have it IN the water.

Why can't the world be perfect?

get the bigger pump you can afford