Old 06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Frogleg

Default Natural way to keep rabbits out ?

On 06 May 2003 00:13:43 GMT, (SAS567) wrote:

How "natural" is a wire fence? That's about the only sure rabbit
preventive.

But,,, make sure the openings in the mesh part are very small. I thought I had
my rabbit problem solved until I noticed a large amount of dill stalks laying
on the ground, and many of my green beans chewed on. It was 2 baby rabbits,
just small enough to fit through the holes. It didn't take very long, though,
for them to grow too large to fit through the fence, on a feast of dill and
green beans.

Literal LOL. :-) Yes, the mesh must be small AND metal. As a novice,
I tried plastic. It was as if they had tiny scissors handy in little
rabbit pockets. No barrier at all.