Old 06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
animaux

Default How Soon To Plant After Using Roundup?

Buy a roll of heavy duty clear plastic, not black. Lay it over the area you
wish to solarize and hold down the ends so no air can get in and leave it all
summer to bake. Water if very well before you lay the plastic over it. By the
end of summer, the soil will be solarized. In Texas, the end of spring it is
solarized of weeds, seeds and most pathogens.

On Mon, 05 May 2003 22:28:46 -0500, Kevin Miller wrote:

Could you please explain solarizing

On Mon, 05 May 2003 02:11:34 -0700, "Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A."
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:

On Sun, 04 May 2003 08:12:42 -0500, wrote:

I'm in the process of clearing a grassy area near my house. I've
applied Roundup to kill the grass and will either remove the dead
grass completely or just turn it over. I plan to put ornamental
shrubs and some perennials in this area after the bed if prepared.
How long should I wait before putting in the new plants?

There's very little wait. RoundUp does not contaminate the soil like
some other plant killers. Bottom line is follow the rule: Read the
label.

Aside from the usual controversies, it's an expensive method for
clearing large areas. Solarizing is thorough, doesn't miss any weeds,
and requires nothing more than a reusable $5.00 tarp.