Old 06-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Datura

Default Gnats bitting us

Don't know if it is related ..but

Are you overwatering your yard or having a particularly wet season? I've
read gnats love to eat fungus and damp environs contribute to that. Last
year I overwatered a bit and had lots of gnats ..

Datura

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
It happens every spring, thousands of bitting gnats in our yard. They

stop
bitting at the end of May.
How do you get rid of gnats? I have some large hedges around the house,

does
this contribute to the problem?
It is so bad within 5 minutes of walking out the front door you will be
surrounded and attacked by hundreds of gnats.

We live in Newport News, VA just above Norfolk. A friend of ours has no
gnats and has suggested spraying the yard?
Any ideas?