Old 06-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Bill Brewer

Default Geraniums

"Rick McGreal" wrote in a message:
Is it safe to put my Geraniums outside overnight?
If I put them out will they die off?

---------------
It all depends where you live. I live in the East Midlands and have had most
of my Geraniums outside all night for over a week. The only geraniums I
don't put out are my prized cuttings that have recently taken root. As long
as they are in pots or hanging baskets, you can always take them indoors
if a late frost is forecast for your area.
I remember talking to a geranium enthusiast living in Grassington who had to
wait until mid June before he could safely put his plants out at night, even
then most of their leaves turned a nice shade of red, a sure sign of cold
distress.

Bill Brewer