Old 06-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Rusty Mase

Default where to find nematodes/ diatomaceous earth

On Tue, 06 May 2003 12:54:00 GMT, animaux wrote:

When I lived up in Denton County, the Carrolton library had a reference book
called "Diatoms" which has a few thousand pages!

Yes, that is probably Ruth Patrick's and Charles Reimers' series of
monographs. Just tiny plants living in a glass box they make all by
themselves. Fascinating.

If you ever get really freaked out identifying these, I have the
monographs and a microscope you can come over and use. But I do not
think I will hold my breath waiting for someone to take me up on that
one. Diatom gardening, anyone?

Rusty Mase