Old 06-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Beth Peace

Default Landscape

Penny Morgan wrote:
As far as the weeds are concerned, I have to say that spraying weeds
to kill them doesn't necessarily guarantee that you won't get lots
more. We have the perfect conditions for weeds to come in groves
right now .......warm weather and lots of wet weather. My yard is
sprouting everywhere right now even after spraying and pulling all in
March. You will have to spray again. Did he mulch the areas very
well?

Speaking of weeds, we have 'em! We had an area tilled with lots of mulch
and there's this one type of weed I just can't get rid of. It's grassy,
breaks off way too easily, and if you follow the fragile white root down, it
twists and turns down as far as I can see. I've pulled, sprayed with Round
up (3x!) and I can't get rid of the stuff. After looking it up, I think
it's one of the nutsedges, and pulling is about all I can do, eventualy
exhausting the tuber.

It doesn't seem to matter if lots of mulch is used since the tubers are
8-14" deep (according to one source) and can even come up through plastic
mulches.

Ah well, it's good exercise.