Old 06-05-2003, 05:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default PLEASE someone help me? I'm losing it. (Need pumps)

"Lisa" wrote in message
om...
Yes, but I just wanted to clarify for sure if he meant to get a 750
gph pump or get a pump that would produce 750 at the top of the
biofilter/falls. Because with the travel (horizontal/vertical) of the
hose from pump to filter, it seems by the time that happens - there
would be about 400 gph going through the filter.

I think he's saying you only need
a 750 gph for the biofilter and then get another Bigger
pump for the waterfall.

I agree...If you have a filter already set up, or a plan for one...buy a
pump that is perfect for that, and consider your water feature separate. You
may even want to oversize your pump and throttle the output back with a ball
valve, or gate valve, so you have room to work with if you need to. You can
then "see" how that pump puts out over your head, and down the falls, and
derive the "water feature pump" size from that. Then buy a pump just for
your feature.

BV.