Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Vestman

Default Inorganic material experience......Magic blocks?

IŽll have to surf the net about those leca products.......

I have this idea of wanting to grow my orchids freely, mainly on a
stub of wood, but I have recently stumbled across a material called
magicblocks, which is supposed to work well with orchids planted on
these blocks. Has anyone heard about this before. (Sorry, a little off
topic)

Thanks.

Victoria

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" skrev i en
meddelelse ...
Ah yes. Thanks.

Basically, some of the rock wool has water-repellent coating. It

still
holds water via capillary action between the fibers, but not nearly

as much
as the regular hydrophilic fibers. I believe the perlite is added

to make
it more airy.

My own experience is with LECA products, but I have used some rock

wool in
the past. For me, it has some of the same negative attributes of

sphagnum
(too easily packed, making it too soppy), but cannot decompose.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Vestman" wrote in message
k...

"Diana Kulaga" skrev i en meddelelse
rthlink.net...
Hi, Victoria,

What does this "Green Mix" look like?

Diana

It contains a small amount of beads of perlite and mostly of
something like rockwool, but in shredded small balls. It is

supposed
to both contain and expel moisture.

Victoria