Old 06-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default ally pally garden show

On Tue, 6 May 2003 00:17:40 +0100, June Hughes
wrote:

Did you see the London Garden Society stand? If so, and if I was there
I was the one with the beard:-)

I am very sorry to say I did not see the London Garden Society stand and
I am even more sorry to say that I did not see you.

I'm not that suprised, we were tucked away in a corner where very few
people found us. We were next to the stand selling drift wood, but had
almost no visitors. At least we didn't have to pay for the stand, the
society provided the judges for the show, so got our space for free
:-)

We saw the National Trust stand, as well as the Riverwood stand and a
stand for London wildlife (I forget the exact name). We saw the Big
Plant Nursery, Traders Club and Solid Soul - furniture

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I first read this as Solid Fuel - furniture ;-) quite useful if you
get an urge to have a BBQ without preplanning:-))

I purchased a pillow (of all things!) and am quite impressed with it.
Last year I bought a lean-to greenhouse (Access - nowhere to be seen
this year), a fabric wheelbarrow and various plants, as well as a
long-armed branch-lopper and other minor stuff.

I got 4 pounds of very nice sausages and a tiny little Cycad that only
cost 3 quid.

Perhaps I shall see you at another show?

Well I'm going to Chelsea on the wednesday, and I usually go to the
RHS shows at Vincent Square, though the next one isn't until September
or October.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.