Old 06-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default English bluebells

On Tue, 06 May 2003 03:21:59 +0100, Hussein M. wrote:

I will have to phone my friend so he can drive me to the famous
local bluebell woods where I know they are non-scripta.

Dig about on the net to find definative(*) ways of telling the
difference, flower colour alone is not good enough. I have vague
memories of the way the individual flower bells are arranged on the
stem is the best method, one has them arranged all round the other
tends to have them on one side. I *think* the English is all round but
with the hybrids about gawd alone knows what happens. Combined with
the pollen colour previously discussed and you can have a high
confidence level on your identification.

(*) If you can ever get a "definative" answer from the net. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.