Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
bobkiely

Default dagnabit, I want toad tadpoles!

K30a...I found a wav. file somewhere on the internet about a year ago. I
wondered the same thing...how would my frog react as to the best of my
knowledge, he's never heard or seen another frog?
Well, my computer is 3 rooms from the pond and I wasn't curious enough to
run speaker wire out there so I just turned the volume all the way up and
played the croaking for about a minute.

The reaction from the frog was nil - nada - ho/hum but some people walking
by my house thought I had a 300 lb. frog in the house! :-)

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, I know this is a little over the top,
probably worthy of a Roark Award but.....

They do sell amphibian call CDs somewhere out there
in internet land. I wonder if some computer nerd like my youngest son

could
rerecord and loop toad calls...
Then I wonder if there was a ponder, with a sense of adventure, who could

set
up an outdoor sound system, play the calls and see what happens?

k30a