Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Comfrey as a Green Fertilizer?

In article ,
Computerman wrote:

1. Size units should have been in sq yards, not sq feet. My apologies.

Ah. That makes more sense! It is still too small to get much benefit
against pests by crop rotation.

2. Have tried dung. Last twice it was too fresh and was more straw than
anything else. Because of that it also introduced weeds. I don't have
the room to store it and rot it down at the plot.

May I suggest getting hold of some plastic bags that are used to sell
sand, fertiliser etc. in? If you put manure in those, puncture them
for some drainage, and leave it for a bit, it will heat up enough to
destroy most seeds. And they stop it taking up much space, though
you would have to get help for stacking them.

3. Ever since I broke my back 7 years ago, digging the plot has become
something of a problem.

My sympathies. You can see why I was baffled about 6'x8', though!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.