Old 06-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Shirley

Default Scented Clematis

Thanks Rachel, I'm still not sure which one it is as none of the ones on
your site have foliage the same colour (very dark bronzy purple colour)
guess I'll have to take a picture, it's a shame pictures don't capture the
scent too ;-).

--
Shirley
see my cats at

"Rachel Sullivan" wrote in message
In article , Shirley
writes
Last year I bought 3 un-named Clematis, one seems to be Clematis Alpina

and
the other 2 are Montana types (thought they were Alba & Rubens) but both
have scented pink flowers, does C. Rubens have scented flowers ?

Whatever it's name is, it smells delicious :-)

Quite a few montanas are scented. Elizabeth, Alexander, Fragrant
Spring, Odorata, rubens (East Malling form)[1], Tetrarose, Entel,
Jacqui, Mayleen, Pink Perfection, Wilsonii, (chocolate) Vera & possibly
others.

[1] Rubens has been propagated from seed for so long (and lost its
purity as a result) or confused with other varieties and mis-named.
East Malling Research Station selected this form as being the closest to
the original introduced in the 1880's. It is sweetly scented.

--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site