Old 07-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] (newbie) burr-oak.. will it bud back?

The burr-oak was a fantasy that I'd been harbouring for years.
The local
wild ones are so bonsai like already. Many are 300 years old

and don't
have much more than 40' to show for it. I love them and enjoy

them through
all the seasons.

I assume you've read Aldo Leopold's classic essays on the Burr
Oak -- "The Good Oak" and "Bur Oak" -- in his "Sand County
Almanac". These, and the other essays in this little book
constitute some of the finest environmental writing in existence.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++