Old 07-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Gideon Singer

Default The ochid family tree

I gave up trying to figure them out a while ago. AS for i ot ii who
really cares esp when they spell it Max whatever

On Sun, 4 May 2003 16:59:07 UTC, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Tell me what you think about the spelling of some of the sub tribes. The
list is taken from Dressler's view of taxonomy. I looked up some members of
Maxilariinae. (double i) then I loked up those same plants in Hawkes 1965
encyclopedia, he spells it Maxilarinae (single i) so I'm confused, but I
figure something happened at some time between 1965 and when Dressler wrote
his book (1990s??) to change the spelling. These taxonomists are going to be
the death of me. I suppose I shouldn't be so rigid in my thinking...

I probably shouldn't have even pointed it out! LOL!! Now I've got you
confused too!

K Barrett

--
Gideon Singer