Old 07-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Kevin Miller

Default How Soon To Plant After Using Roundup?

On Tue, 06 May 2003 13:18:54 GMT, animaux wrote:

Here it is...

Arsenic-free pressure treated landscape timbers

A safer pressure treated landscape timber
ACQ is the pressure treatment of choice for pressure treated lumber.
ACQ does not contain the arsenic that CCA lumber contains making it
safer to handle and dispose of. Consider ACQ timbers for your project
today.

Advantages

Does not require a EPA warning label

Safe to handle

Same performance as CCA

Will not leach toxic chemical into the environment

Our timbers are safer for the environment because they do not contain
arsenic...a cancer causing substance that is found in other pressure
treated lumber. Arsenic has been shown to leach from CCA treated
lumber and has been banned from many public parks and play areas.

What do they use now? Provide some information so I can put it into the FAQ I'm
compiling. If you are speaking of Treks, it's not wholly a wood product, but a
composite of saw dust and plastic.

On Mon, 05 May 2003 22:16:23 -0500, Kevin Miller wrote:

Most treated lumber now uses arsenic-free preservatives... all these
posts refer to the old type