Old 07-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Theo van Daele

Default Congrats rec.ponds. Amazing newsgroup. Hats off.

How did you get them to pose so nicely?

Well, they normally lay on the bottom of the pond on their sides, but I just
call them up and ask 'm to sit still ;-)

Nah, all kidding aside, I just take hundreds of pics, digital is cheap, and
then select the better looking ones. Trust me, I have many pictures of
blurs :-)

It's a little side project, I try to take a few pics at least every 2 weeks,
and they all get saved per year/month/day on my PC. Makes it easy to
compare seasons, early springs, fish size etc.

I like the photo
of the mishap too - a great reminder for all of us.

Yup, I was lucky that this happened when the ponds weren't connected yet
! Still, when I came out and saw that, I had to fight the tears.
It also revealed a flaw in my thinking: "if I hang the pump halfway, the
pond can never be completely emptied". Not true as I found out, the water
running back under the liner pushes it up, so more water to pump, goes under
liner, so liner goes up... it was *completely* dry on top.

Theo