Old 07-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Mark

Default dog faeces can it be added to compost heap

"Anne Wheeldon" wrote in message

snip

I'm a bit puzzled by this. All the gardening books/ programmes say don't

put
it on the compost heap, but we all use horse and chicken manure quite
happily. The website referred to in an earlier post suggests that they are

high in phosphates from bones. My dogs eat dried food and vegetables but

no
bones; they are wormed every six months so are unlikely to have toxicara
worms. I don't really grow veg. So what's the problem? Dog poo is only a
small fraction of the total compost.
I'd be very happy to get some sound advice on this.
Anne

A quick google also turns up http://www.uaf.edu/coop-ext/compost/dogs.html

Mark