Old 07-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Congrats rec.ponds. Amazing newsgroup. Hats off.

You just saved my fish from being invaded by me this weekend. I was getting
nervous that every morning a bunch of them seem to gather by a particular
rock. I was thinking that maybe the aliens have invaded my fish.

Come to think of it, this is the first area to get sun in the morning, and
as soon as I get near they start moving to greet me.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message snip
Other example: 4 of the Koi started to "float" at the top at a particular
spot in the pond. Out came the test kit again (flukes ! chloramine !
ammonia ! pesticides ! aliens !), but as soon as I approached the pond,

they
were happily swimming towards me. It's only later that I understood

(also
asked here) that some fish sunbathe. That spot is the first to catch

some
sun, and as soon as it does, there they are, side by side, motionless.
Other fish never do it. So many individual differences as well.

snip