Old 07-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Alison

Default maximising chilli crops

"Charlie" wrote in message

one in a hydroponic system which is about 3.3 but has the most leaves! I
was worried mine were a bit small, but never mind eh?

Charlie.

Oh cool - at last someone with a hydroponic system. I spent big bucks last
year on a flood and drain system and was SOOOO disappointed with the results
that I lost heart and all the buckets of pebbles sit empty of crops. They
are/were outside in the polytunnel to make use of daylight and save on the
artificial provision of 12/18 hrs of light they need but the crops got
*really* heavily infested with greenfly (the leeks), the strawberries
produced 3 berries, and the tomatoes got struck with blight. I am thinking
(have half moved) the system into the basement.

Where is yours located and how do you get on with it?

TIA
--Alison