Old 07-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Zone Info:

In a message dated 5/7/2003 12:58:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
-NAB writes:

Is there a place on the web that lists climate zones with a map?

I live in North Carolina. I see people use zones in discussion quite a bit
but I've no clue as to what Zone I'm actually in.

The zone are from the USDA and they are really used mostly for the average
last date of frost in a given area. We use them to get a general idea of
growing conditions. Many plant catalogs list zone with the plants they sell.
(Hardy in zones 5-9) Since I live in the southern extreme of Zone 9 this
plant will probably not like my summers. Check this link A HREF="http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html"
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html/A Your are Zone 8 or 7
depending upon how close to the coast you are.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++