Old 07-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Colin Davidson

Default Wild Garlic

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

The same is true of those things on private land. It is one of the
relics of Roman law, as passed on by the 'Anglo-Saxons'. The game
laws are a legacy of the Norman banditry.

That infamous Countryside Act made the DIGGING UP of all plants
comparable to the taking of game, rather than the picking of fruit.

And that's fair enough, when you think about it. The last thing we want is
people wanering about diggint things up from the wild... I wonder if that
would apply to truffles?

| It's more important to know what you're picking and how to avoid

damaging
| what's there, IMHO.

Yes, definitely. But that is thinking ecologically, and not legally.

Sorry. Bad habit of mine, that is