Old 07-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Hardwood Mulch Question

On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:41:51 -0500, Kevin Miller
wrote:

Is it out of line to use hardwood mulch in a veggie garden? What
would the negatives be? I've been doing this about 5 years and it
seems I'm ALWAYS fighting the weeds... especially around root plants
(onions, beets, etc.) Hopefully I can get more crops for the deer
this year!

Well, if you've been doing it for five years and still have
a lot of weeds, I'd think that was the main negative, no?

For myself, I want something that can be turned under to add
organic matter to the soil - hay, straw, or grass clippings.

Pat