Old 07-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Which shredder?

"Daddy" junk wrote in
:

Well I already did the deed today and bought a Bosch (2000 model) from
Homebase (they had an extra 10% discount off on for the bank holiday)
- only œ215 - bargain!

First impressions are very good this afternoon. Although it would not
go through a 25-30mm branch which had been dead for some time and had
a few knots in (i.e. dry and very hard). I think when they quote
maximum size they assume green (soft) wood.

The one thing I have learnt *not* to shred with my Bosch is the leaves from
the monster phormium (7 foot and counting...)

The woody bits at the bottom are fine, but the leavy ends 'chew' into
something resembling extremely tough string, and are the only thing that
has given me major problems with the shredder jamming and needing to be
carefully unwound.

If you also have a vast phormium, be warned!

(If you don't have one, do you want one? You can have mine... ;-) !)

Victoria