Old 07-05-2003, 02:32 PM
dt

Default where to find nematodes/ diatomaceous earth

"animaux" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 May 2003 09:42:38 -0500, Rusty Mase

wrote:

Yes, that is probably Ruth Patrick's and Charles Reimers' series of
monographs. Just tiny plants living in a glass box they make all by
themselves. Fascinating.

If you ever get really freaked out identifying these, I have the
monographs and a microscope you can come over and use. But I do not
think I will hold my breath waiting for someone to take me up on that
one. Diatom gardening, anyone?

Rusty Mase

I took one look at that book and said to myself, "no, that just cannot be
possible!" : )

On another note, I have not yet seen one grasshopper this year. Not a

nymph to
be found. I wait for them to come out to put the NoloBait out. Has

anyone seen
hoppers yet? Maybe that late ice storm got em. Particularly since the

very day
before that it was 80 degrees! Ah, Texas weather. I'd never move back to

New
York.

Well, you should probably get ready. They're beginning to show up out in
Webberville, little bitty ones about 1/2-3/4" long.

Dale