Old 07-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Dave K.

Default How to landscape heavily wooded yard?

Get someone in to help you identify all the buckthorn and destroy it --

cut
it down, burn it, and paint the stumps with Garlon.

Yes, we know what buckthorn looks like and have removed all the buckthorn
trees. However, we still have to paint the stumps so the roots die and
suckers quit coming up. I've never heard of Garlon ... what's that and where
do you get it? Others have told me to use Round Up on the buchthorn stumps,
but that's pretty expensive and I had heard that there were cheaper
alternatives that will do the same thing. Is Garlon one of them?

Dave K.