Old 07-05-2003, 06:08 PM
noone_atallus

Default Ticks, Ticks and more Ticks

Guineas, and lots of them!
Where I moved to in Ohio, the ticks were so thick that you couldn't go
outside for long without getting one or three, the I bought seven guineas
and you wouldn't believe the difference! The guineas (up to 21 now) patrol
the whole neighborhood and eat every tick they can find (except deer ticks,
I guess they're hard for the Guineas to see) plus Mexican Bean Beetles,
Colorado Potatoes Bugs, and many other bugs and are cleaner than ducks!
Another perk is they roost in the trees at the edge of the yard and alert
me at night if anything comes into the yard! Only thing I wish was that
their young tolerated the dampness better so they'd propagate the whole
county!

have a good one,
Homer