Old 07-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Sacha

Default noise

in article , Mike at
wrote on 7/5/03 5:29 pm:

In article , Sacha
writes
in article , JJE O'Connor at
wrote on 4/5/03 9:10 pm:

I have moved into a house next to a main road. Does anyone have any advice
on how I can minimise traffic noise please ? I do not want a wall or fence.
What plants are best for this - I've been thinking of a hedge in which case
any advice on what sort of hedge please ?

In which part of the country do you live?

?
Is the road noise 'less' in certain areas?
?

Oh, dear. Just like all other plants, hedging plants have climatic
tolerances, as well as location ones. Some of what we use for hedging in
Devon, might not work in parts of Yorkshire or in Cumbria or in Aberdeen.
And Griselinia, for example, is very tolerant of salt air.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk