Old 07-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default noise

The message
from Mike contains these words:
In article , Sacha
writes
in article , JJE O'Connor at
wrote on 4/5/03 9:10 pm:

I have moved into a house next to a main road. Does anyone have any
advice
on how I can minimise traffic noise please ? I do not want a wall
or fence.
What plants are best for this - I've been thinking of a hedge in
which case
any advice on what sort of hedge please ?

In which part of the country do you live?

?
Is the road noise 'less' in certain areas?
?

Of course it is. E = MC˛ and all that. The nearer the equator you are,
the faster you're spinning round and round in relation to
something-or-earther, and that molishes you and all the traffic smaller,
so less noise is made.

Your ears are smaller too, so you hear less of it. That's why deafness
is such a promble in Equatorial 105 New Pence.

HTH

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi