Old 07-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

Default noise

In article , JennyC
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes
in article , JJE O'Connor at
wrote on 4/5/03 9:10 pm:

I have moved into a house next to a main road. Does anyone have

any advice
on how I can minimise traffic noise please ? I do not want a wall

or fence.
What plants are best for this - I've been thinking of a hedge in

which case
any advice on what sort of hedge please ?

In which part of the country do you live?

?
Is the road noise 'less' in certain areas?
?

Yes - depending on the road surface used. There is special noise
reduced asphalt !
Jenny

Well "Berkshire" as an answer would be no good because the Newbury Bye-
Pass is of the new 'quiet' Asphalt, but other parts of Berkshire are
noisy. The question was 'In which part of the country do you live?' Not
'Which type of road surface is contributing to the noise?'

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more