Old 07-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Wisteria on gallery

Jim,
I have watched a friend of mine outdo me with wisteria for
several years though both of mine bloom, but seldom both, and
occasionally neither. I am about to believe in her methods.
She transplants every spring in deep pots, keeps a lot of
the roots (within reason), fertilizes regularly, then in
Fall uses phosphorus. She does the repotting rather early,
but not any pruning then. She prunes them in Fall or late
summer.

Well! Now I have recommendations to repot sparingly and let them
get rootbound and to repot every year. ;-) The water and
fertilizer recommendations are common to both. At least both of
these pots are on the deep side.

No one will ever call the growing of bonsai a science!

Thanks, Lynn.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --