Old 07-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Getting rid of grass cuttings

On Wed, 07 May 2003 10:56:30 +0100, David C wrote:

Yes I know I can compost them, and I do to some extent, but I have
almost half an acre of formal lawn and only have a few places I can
use the compost, I give much of it away but even so there is just too
much volume of cuttings and the compost bins are full.

1) Use them as a mulch - about 2" thick. I progressivly mulch my flower
beds with my grass cuttings every year. It takes me the mowing season to
mulch all my flower beds at least once to a reasonable thickness. It is
worked into the soil by the worms / composts etc. as you go, and come
mowing time in the spring, you need to start again!

2) The green waste contianer at the local tip. All councils should now be
collecting organic waste seperatly.

Sarah