Old 07-05-2003, 11:08 PM
David C

Default Getting rid of grass cuttings

Yeah .....i cant see why with a grass area that size you cant find space for
another compost bin
I mean I only have 1/4 acre plot but I have 7 compost bins all 1 metre
square and high and i need every last ounce of it for my flower and shrub
beds and fruit trees
I suspect you need a more balanced garden

I have 3 approx metre square compost bins and that produces plenty,
it's a 30 year old garden and the beds and veg patch are built up and
anything we put in grows really well. Really don't need any more
compost - already we give away all we can to family and friends.

The moss in the grass is because there are lots of trees and therefore
shade, also high water table and damp ground (near the River Severn in
Worcs) so no need to mulch much.

The lawn is big but that's the way the family like it so no real scope
to introduce more beds - previous owners employed a gardener who took
away the cuttings - they left his phone number - beginning to think it
might be the best solution !

David C