Old 08-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Alan Holmes

Default dog faeces can it be added to compost heap

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , cpemma
writes
"Kay Easton" wrote in message

I wouldn't use dog poo, or cat poo, just as I wouldn't use human poo,
though I'm quite happy for the uring of all 3 to be on my compost heap.

"Night soil" has been used as fertiliser for millenia,

It has, and it has caused health problems.

and I think sewage
sludge is available for soil improvement in some areas of the UK.

Sewage sludge has been given rather more treatment than a few weeks in a
compost heap, has it not?

Slough council sell stuff they call Cynagro!

Alan