Old 24-01-2003, 05:44 PM
animaux

Default Comments on shade perennials

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:13:44 -0500, Suja wrote:

clc wrote:

I grown variegated ribbon grass in an area such as you describe. I think it
will grow ANYWHERE!

It is considered invasive, and I'm trying to stay away from plants I
need to do battle with. I have my hands full with Japanese Anemone
Robustissima (losing battle), Scabiosa ochroleuca, Knautia, etc.

Suja

Yes, ribbon grass is very invasive. Have you considered Chasmanthium
litifolium aka Inland sea oats? I grow them here in calciferous soil in pretty
dense shade and it does very well. It will reseed, but is not terribly invasive
in my shade bed. It is a very hardy plant.