Old 08-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Dwayne

Default eggshells

I have heard of another use for egg shells in the garden. They apparently
draw some kind of insect that doesn't harm your garden, but attack the eggs
of harmful nematodes that damage the roots of your tomatoes and I assume,
other veggies. Just bury some around the plants when you plant them and let
them do want comes natural.

Dwayne

"Peggy" wrote in message
I'm just getting into this composting thing, and I heard if you add
eggshells, you have to peel out the membrane inside all of them prior to
adding - is this true? I'm a pastry chef and have lots of shells every
week - can you add too many shells?
Thanks for any input.
Peg