Old 08-05-2003, 05:20 AM
madgardener

Default Verbena bonariensis.....?!

"Tyra Trevellyn" wrote in message
Last year I struggled to get some Verbena bonariensis started from seed I
bought, first time growing it. I was finally rewarded with a dozen or so
gorgeous plants that did very well.....lots of blooms well into autumn. I
saved some seed and left the rest of the seedheads up for the winter.

This
year I see that none of the plants wintered over (I know they're

relatively
tender and we had a horrific winter). However, I see something at once
horrifying and delightful, and I'm not absolutely sure I'm making the

right
call. Could I possibly have (literally) ten thousand V. bonariensis

seedlings
in my garden? I know the plant is a prolific self-seeder but is it really

THAT
prolific? They look like verbena, but I also have lots of other

self-seeders
and I can't remember exactly what the seedlings looked like last year.

(Again,
they sure look like wee Verbena plants......)

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z6b/7a

You can send me a few hundred......................madgardener serious as a
heart attack. I only have two verbena bonariensis.....................