Old 08-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Mike

Default Keeping children off garden wall

In article , Exiddor
writes
I live in a semi located on a corner of a road and we are constantly
disturbed by youths sitting on the garden wall, drinking and shouting until
the early hours.

I solved the problem by putting railings along the top of my section of the
garden wall, but my neighbour (an old lady of 70-something) can not afford
anything like this.

Can anyone suggest a cheap (legal!) solution to this problem?

I had this problem until I went out to them and explained that there is
a lady opposite who has to be up early in the morning to go to work as a
nurse and that others also would appreciate some peace and quiet.

You will find that if you approach them in a civil manner, they will
listen and act accordingly, go out there and raise the roof with them
and threaten all sorts of actions, then you will only get their backs
up.

Mike

Bringing up teenagers is like trying to nail jelly to a tree