Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Rick McGreal

Default Keeping children off garden wall

"Charlie" wrote in
:

Could you not just put the paint on top of the wall so that you would
only get covered if you actually sat on it, which would quite possibly
be trespassing anyway? They're talking about something similar on
Essex FM this morning about trespassers and burglars. Something about
a woman phoned the police after she saw someone in the garden, it took
them 4 hours to get there and catch him and then they told her that if
she'd done anything then she would be the one in prison, not him.
It's a terrifying thought as a young 18 year old girl who's about to
move out on her own!

To be honest the way the law is at the moment any kind of radical
protection scheme is porobably going to backfire on you....

The best advice I can think of is to try not to advertise that you have
goods worth stealing.....

As a person who has suffered just simple vandalism for no good reason I can
sypathise with others.....
I'd love to be able to put in a laser point defense system to vaporise
anyone that wanders into my garden.....But alas the law looks after
criminals rather than the victims.....B-(

The only other suggestion is not to move to a place where there is a lot of
social problems....Although how do you know until you move there?