Old 08-05-2003, 10:08 AM
david

Default Getting rid of grass cuttings

Additionally, grass cuttings help prevent scab on potatoes.
David

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

"David C" wrote in message
Yes I know I can compost them, and I do to some extent, but I have
almost half an acre of formal lawn and only have a few places I can
use the compost, I give much of it away but even so there is just too
much volume of cuttings and the compost bins are full.

The lawn is prone to moss so I know I should pick up the cuttings
instead of mulching back in, (I use a cylinder mower) at the moment I
take them to the tip but there must be a better solution !

David C

I wish I lived nearer. I use our grass cuttings to 'earth-up' the no-dig
potatoes and I just wish that our grass would grow faster so that I can

have
some more for the next batch of tatties. In previous years we have had
wonderful crops using this method (though smallish tubers last year due to
the blight attck and having to chop off the haulms early)

Sorry not much help on the disposal options you were looking for

--A