Old 08-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Tim Tyler

Default snails

paddys1 wrote:

: What I have discovered is that America is very cheap to live in, a great
: country with everything, and very nice people, and I was going to emigrate
: there, but stopped in the last minute because of the cost of medical care. I
: became ill a few months before going there, and basically I would not be
: able to afford the cost of being ill. If the US had National Health like in
: the UK I would be there. My father lived and died in Michigan, so my wife
: wanted to emigrate. I had a quote with my medical history about $7000 for me
: and the wife per year, and that would be drain on my recourses.

If the US had healthcare like the UK their taxes would be higher - and
ill people would migrate towards it - to take advantage of the medical
facilities sponsored by healthy workers. Probably not an effect the
government wants to encourage.

More about iron slug pellets would be welcome though. I would be a
lot more liberal with my slug medicine if I could be more certain it
would not poison me as well.
--