Old 08-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Plant Melon Seeds in Mounds?

(Fleemo) wrote:

I plan on growing melons this year, and have heard it's a good idea to
plant them in small mounds of dirt. I happen to water my garden with
a drip line, which is buried an inch or two beneath the soil surface.
This being the case, wouldn't planting the seeds in a mound prevent
the seeds from getting water?

Seeds yes. You will have to hand water until they sprout, or
transplant small plants.

Then ... the roots go DOWN to the water.

One effective way to plant melons is in a tire filled with rich
soil and its own drip outlet.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both