Old 08-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Atara

Default Database to identify plants

Zakharin wrote in message
I seem to remember there was a database on the web where I could
enter charactaristics of a plant such as color of flower, time of
bloom, height, propagation, etc and it would give me possible
variants with pictures.

Does
it still exist and if so, what's the URL?

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in
gy.com:

Now you know you should save your favorite links.

I think he's referring to the Sierra Plant Encyclopedia, which used to
be he http://games.sierra.com/sierrahome/gardening/encyc/ Now it's
just a redirect.

Zakharin, unfortunately that database went under a few years ago, taking
all of its data with it. There have been a few substitutions that have
popped up (some of which have been noted), but nothing quite as good as
what Sierra had.

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."