Old 08-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Ophelia

Default How do I grow a tree from a branch?

"MC Emily" wrote in message
AllanJohnson wrote:
Don't cut it, CRACK IT. Thumbs on top, press down so that underside
breaks open. Then either bury the break in the ground( layering)
while still attached to main tree or bind a bag/pot of soil/compost
around the break. Either way ,roots will generate from the break in
the bark. Leave for at least SIX MONTHS. Inspect root growth every
other month( carefully). Only detach from parent tree when roots well
established and leaf growth is healthy. Then treat as new tree.

Excellent, thanks!! ) I know exactly what you mean and will do it
tomorrow. Thanks again.

I can't wait to see this Jaqy)