Old 08-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Niall

Default basil tricks?

Thanks all

I will try your suggestions

Regards

--
niall

Ophelia wrote in message

"Niall" wrote in message
Hi all

i have little success with my indoor basil growing

The plants seem to get very soft & weary
or have pieces of the leaves drying out & browing

Any tips, best potting mix, etc etc

I use ordinary potting compost and it lives on my kitchen windowsill.

every
few days I test the pot and it if it is light I set the pot in a dish of
water. After an hour or so when it is heavy I put it back up on the

window
sill. I never allow it to flower and pinch out growing tip if it gets

too
tall. I have had this growing for nearly 2 years now. I have once

repotted
it and it is fine. I just pull off a few leaves when I need them. I

don't
make pesto with it so it is enough for me

Ophelia
Scotland