Old 08-05-2003, 03:08 PM
John Rutz

Default Pea Green

J.D. Stone wrote:
I put a 150 gallon rubbermaid on mine, patterned after skippystuff filter.
No pea green and no string algae (except in the filter). Water stays clear.
However, it did clog the other day. Too many pecan "blossoms?" (stringy
beaded dammits) blocked the exit grid and it pumped down. Pump wasn't on the
bottom but I have shelves and a "lot" of lilies. Some of the fish got
trapped on the shelves and died. I'd had them over six years. Time to rework
the pond. Anybody tried the bog filter featured in this months "Water
Gardening"?
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

saw that article several of us use bog type filters but keep our plants
in pots some with just dirt, some with kittie litter and some with rocks
of various sizes, bigger rocks if koi can get into the filter

the amount of gravel and concrete blocks he used scared me !!!

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com